LCED is currently looking for qualified candidates for the following positions:
Job Title: Programme Officer
Closing date for application: 15th May 2018
Organization: Lacha Community and Economic Development (LCED)
Duty Station: Kampala, with frequent travel upcountry and to South Sudan.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Two months, renewable depending on performance and availability of funds.
Download: pdf ToR_Programme Officer_LCED (96 KB)
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, the Programme Officer will contribute to the expansion of the LCED activities in Uganda. He/she will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for funding and partnership, planning and conducting data collection activities, and managing relationships with donors, partners and other stakeholders.
The Programme Officer is expected to work 5 days a week, from Monday to Friday, for a total of 8 hours per day, from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Research and Assessment:
- In consultation with the Programme Manager and the Executive Director, plan and conduct specific needs assessments in refugee camps and other areas of Uganda, according to the organization’s strategic plan.
- Identify potential areas of intervention in strategic sectors in Uganda, with specific focus on refugee support and forced displacement in the region.
- Advocacy and donor/partner relationship:
Assist the Programme Manager in identifying and contacting new potential donors and partners in Uganda, as well as new opportunities for funding.
- Represent LCED at humanitarian coordination, partner and stakeholder meetings in Uganda or other locations in Uganda, when necessary.
- Liaise with the Programme Manager for the maintenance and development of all LCED social media platform’s content (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, website), including organizing advocacy campaigns.
- Liaise with the Programme Manager for the project proposal development, as well as support in the monitoring of LCED project implementation process within and outside Uganda.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for programmes.
- Conduct program reviews and prepare reports for management.
- Prepare meeting agenda, organize meetings and distribute minutes.
- Perform any other duty as requested by the Programme Manager and the Executive Director
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Education: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Migration Studies, Social Science or related subject is required.
- Work experience: At least 1 year of experience in a Non-Governmental Organization, preferably in a developing country. Work experience in East Africa will be an asset.
Language proficiency: Fluency in written and spoken English.
Other skills: Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Internet browsers, e-mailing), proven experience in report writing, and qualitative and/or quantitative research skills are essential. Experience in training or team management, and coordination will be an asset.
Planning and Organizing: Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner. Demonstrated ability to coordinate tasks to meet deadlines.
Professionalism: High integrity, excellent organizational skills, strong result orientation, drive for excellence and takes initiative. Ability to prioritize tasks, work independently and with minimum supervision. Ability to report to a supervisor in a timely manner. Demonstrated ability to manage processes and maintain accurate records.
Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills and being result-oriented. Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity, ability to work in stressful environments, including days or weeks of work in South Sudan when required. Demonstrated effective team coordination skills, and ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with counterparts.
Communication: Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to effectively communicate orally. Knowledge of the work environments, HR policies and communication lines.
HOW TO APPLY
Alternatively, the application can be hand-delivered to the following address:
J&M Hotel, officer room No.17,
Kitende-Bwebajja Hill, Entebbe Road, Kampala, Uganda
Phone number: +256 (0)780 292934
Please do not attach any original academic certificate or any valuable document, unless you are specifically requested to present it. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.