Main Aim and Objectives
LCED’s aim is to strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development (Sustainable Development Goal No. 17). In order to achieve such goal, LCED will work towards the following objectives:
- Keep informed about the overall situation in the whole country and explore options for collaborations, by regularly taking part to inter-agency meetings and field activities, such as the Initial Rapid Needs Assessments (IRNA).
- Take part to consortium bids for coordinated projects/programs in Western Equatoria State and beyond.
- Disseminate information collected through research and assessments, by sharing the LCED reports and recommendations with other humanitarian and developing partners operating in the same area.
Active collaboration among NNGOs, INGOs, donor agencies, and the different clusters operating in South Sudan, is essential to expand coverage, avoid duplication of services, and ensure effective and timely delivery of services to the beneficiaries.
LCED has been actively working with several international humanitarian and development partners, since 2009. In 2016, LCED became the Site Focal Point (SiFP) of Greater Mundri (WES), South Sudan, for the Shelter and Non-Food Items Cluster. As SiFP, LCED has taken up the role of coordinating the response among NNGOs and INGOs working with Shelter and Non-Food Items in the area.
4. Keep being informed about the work of other humanitarian and development organizations in the same operative and geographical area, and in the same sector, by organizing regular meetings with them.
5. Continue to actively collaborate with humanitarian and developing partners on the ground, e.g. coordinating distribution activities for relief.