In 2016/2017 LCED implemented three main projects. The main activities included distribution of shelter material and construction of emergency shelters, distribution of Non-Food Items (NFIs) to vulnerable displaced population, and implementation of a cash voucher pilot project in Mundri West County, WES. LCED also successfully completed its registration in Uganda, and opened an office in Kampala.
• We reached 42,960 beneficiaries (5,084 HHs) with distribution of shelter material and NFIs.
• 23,654 women and 19,306 men were targeted by our activities.
• 313 displaced HHs were accommodated in emergency shelters.
• We reached 80 HHs through distribution of cash vouchers.
• We partnered with INGOs such as IOM and NRC, as part of the Shelter and NFI cluster and the WASH cluster, and Non-violent Peaceforce (NP).
• We built capacity of NNGOs, including Lozoh Women Development Organization (LWDO) and APT Succor.
For more information, download the pdf LCED Annual Report 2016/17 (1.29 MB) .